1. Explaining of ETA?
All non Australian citizens are requiring a Visa or Electronic Travel Authority to entry Australia. It can be an E-Visitor or an ETA. As the ETA is an electronically stored authority to travel to Australia it's 100% electronic, and that's the reason why it is totally accessible by Australian border agencies, travel agents and airlines. For the visitor it's good as well because he or she can travel to Australia without having to physically go to a departmental office such as an official embassy or consulate to apply for the conventional paper visa.
2. ETA Requirements
The requirements are the following:
- Visitor has to be from one of the ETA eligible's countries.
- Visitor has to be physically outside Australia when he or she is applying.
- Visitor's trip to Australia has to be either for tourism, seeing friends or family, or for short-term business.
- Business (Making general business or employment enquirie, going to seminars, trade fairs or conferences, etc.).
- Visitor's passport has to be valid for 6 months from the day you access Australia.
- Visitor can stay in Australia for a maximum time of 3 months.
- Visitor must have had no major criminal convictions, in which visitor served more than 1 year in jail.
- Visitor must not have tuberculosis at the moment of travel into, and within, Australia.
- Visitor is not allowed to work in the meantime he or she is in Australia.
- Visitor can access Australia all the times he or she wishes for a period of 12 months which starts on the date that the - ETA is granted, or until visitor's passport expires.
3. ETA Expiration Date
The Visitor can access Australia as many times as he or she wishes for a period of 12 months which exactly starts on the date that your ETA is granted, or until your passport expires.
4. ETA Eligible Countries
Only citizens from the following list of countries are eligible to apply for the submission of an online ETA.
If you are not a citizen of one of these countries you will have to contact the Australian Mission related to the Visa department and apply for a Visitor Visa (subclass 600).
- United States
- Honk Kong
- South Korea
- South Korea
If you are from the European Union, San Marino, Andorra, Vatican or Monaco, you can also apply for a E-Visitor permit in our main platform.
5. About ETA-Evisitor
Regarding this visa, the Australian government takes at least 6 days to process it. In case visitor is going to travel within the next 6 days, we recommend you to contact the Australian embassy in your country. Our recommendation is to start the visa request process one month prior to your trip. *The following passport holders are able to access Australia's ETA- EVisitor visa program: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Republic of San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City.
6. ETA Application
In order to apply for an ETA through the online application, you need to have your email address, passport, and a credit card to be able to complete the online application.
It's very important to keep in mind that the details you provide in your online ETA application must be exactly the same ones as they appear in your passport. Likewise, when you will be travelling to Australia, you will need to use the same passport that is linked to your online ETA application.
To apply for ETA you need to fill the ETA Application form, Apply for ETA
7. ETA-Evisitor Application
- Allowed things to do once you get your ETA-Evisitor.
- Go on holidays or see friends and family in Australia.
- Visit Australia for up to three months during each stay for 12 months from the date the ETA- EVisitor is received.
- Study in Australia for up to three months.
- Do business activities when you are in Australia but you must not:
- Selling any kind of service or goods
- Give services to or work for any company or corporation
- The following are allowed Business visitor activities:
- Take part in an official government trip
- Making inquiries of employment or business matters
- Carry on investigation, reviews, negotiations, or signing business contracts
- Attending trade fairs, seminars, or conferences provided you do not receive payment by the organization for taking part on such events.
8. In case visitor gets approved for an ETA-EVisitor
If visitor's ETA- EVisitor request receives an approval, visitor will receive confirmation by email informing him or her that it’s been granted. Please keep and save this email and take it with you when visitor goes to Australia, since it contains:
Visitor's ETA- EVisitor grant number
Visitor's ETA- EVisitor start date
The ETA- EVisitor terms
Visitor's passport will receive no label. When checking in to fly to Australia, the airline personnel will confirm the ETA- EVisitor and passport information electronically.
9. In case Visitor is not approved for an ETA- EVisitor
If visitor's request for an ETA- EVisitor is rejected, he or she will receive confirmation by email informing that the ETA- EVisitor has not been granted.
10. Duration of the ETA-EVisitor x
Starting on the ETA- EVisitor grant date and for 12 months, visitor will be allowed to remain in Australia for a maximum of 3 months on each stay.
Visitor will not be able to extend an ETA- EVisitor. In case visitor wishes to extend the stay after entering Australia, visitor will need to apply for another visa before the current ETA- EVisitor expiry date. Visitor might be granted another visa provided that:
Have respected the ETA- EVisitor’s terms
Meet all the required specifications of the visa visitor wishes to apply for.
It might be required that visitor passes a health check if he or she wishes to apply for a different type of visa. If a different visa is granted to visitor, the new visa will replace the current ETA- EVisitor and all its conditions.
If the Australian Government has not decided on the visa request before the current ETA- EVisitor expires, they might grant the visitor a Bridging visa until visitor's visa application has been reviewed and has not been made on the visa application before the ETA- EVisitor ends, visitor might be granted a Bridging visa until they made a decision on visitor's visa application.
If visitor's visa application is rejected, visitor will need to leave Australia prior to the end of the ETA- EVisitor or your Bridging visa.